Should You Consider Filing for Bankruptcy?
The Decision to File Bankruptcy Is Not an Easy One
Deciding whether or not to file for bankruptcy is a personal decision, and one that should not be done hastily. Many people don’t even call a lawyer until they have made the decision for themselves. It can be very helpful to work with an attorney right away, to help you understand your options, the legal processes, and the possible tax consequences of your decisions. Without knowing these things, you could be making your decision blindly.
At The Kent Law Firm in Atlanta, Georgia, we know the intricacies of bankruptcy law, and with more than 40 years of combined experience handling these matters, we can educate you about any and all options for seeking relief from your debt. Our attorneys will listen to your needs and look over your finances to help you choose the best option for you.
Free Initial Consultation · Reasonable Fees
When you contact us for a free initial consultation, we will work with you regarding:
- Whether you qualify: We will look at your debts, assets, and expenses to determine whether you would qualify for bankruptcy, and what would happen to your credit after filing for bankruptcy.
- Whether bankruptcy is a good option: We do not push everyone into bankruptcy; we know it is not the best debt relief option for everyone, so we look for the best choice for you.
- Deciding between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13: Based on the type of debt you have, as well as your assets, expenses, and desire to keep certain items, we can determine the right consumer bankruptcy option for you.
- Tax considerations: Our attorneys, Howard and Robert Kent, have knowledge of both bankruptcy and tax laws, enhancing our firm’s insight into many bankruptcy and debt relief areas that some other would not understand.
- Helping you throughout the process: We treat you like family, making ourselves available and helping you through every step of the way. We take special pride in providing our services to seniors and military veterans.
We Treat You Like Family
When you are facing the possibility of bankruptcy, you are probably feeling enough anxiety and guilt; you need a lawyer who can help you with your legal problem, but also one who understands your situation — a lawyer who treats you like family. We won’t judge you, and we’ll go the extra mile to help you — just like family.
We are conveniently located near the Lenox MARTA station. We work hard to keep our costs as low as possible, and we can work out a payment plan. Contact us online or call us at 404-504-7090 for a free consultation with an attorney. Available for Saturday appointments.
Consultations are strictly confidential.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.