Bankruptcy Overview in Atlanta, Georgia
Providing Bankruptcy Representation at Reasonable Fees
When you are struggling with serious debt, it is a scary time. You might be experiencing feelings of guilt and anxiety. You need a lawyer who doesn’t judge you, but truly wants to help; an attorney with the experience to know your options, and who cares about your situation.
At The Kent Law Firm, our father and son attorney team has more than 40 combined years of experience lifting our clients out of their debt. We serve the Atlanta, Georgia, metro area with experience and zeal.
We can help you in the following areas:
- Deciding whether you should file: We will look at your debts and assets to determine the best debt repayment plan for you, whether it be through bankruptcy or another debt relief method.
- Your credit after bankruptcy: We can help you find the best plan for repairing your credit score. Often bankruptcy itself is more helpful for your credit rating than people think.
- Chapter 7: A debt relief option that eliminates your debt and gives you a fresh start. We recommend this option often for people who qualify.
- Chapter 13: A debt reorganization option for higher income clients who want to keep certain assets and properties that they can still afford.
- Stopping Creditor Harassment: Hiring an attorney and filing for bankruptcy are both effective options for stopping the harassing phone calls.
- Stopping foreclosures and repossessions: Filing for bankruptcy creates an automatic stay from the courts to stop all foreclosure and repossession activities, and we can also negotiate with your creditors on your behalf.
- Garnishments and liens: We can work with the courts and your creditors to protect your finances and property.
- Bankruptcy and divorce: We can help you make the best plan for integrating your divorce and your bankruptcy filings to maximize your distribution of property and minimize tax consequences.
- Bankruptcy for government workers, seniors, and military veterans: We are committed to our elderly citizens, and to those in the military and public service who have done so much for us.
- We also help individuals with estate planning documents such as Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney, and Healthcare Directives.
Contact Your Bankruptcy Lawyers Today
Either call our Atlanta, Georgia, office at 404-504-7090 or contact our Atlanta bankruptcy law office online for a free consultation. We can work out a payment plan, and we make ourselves available on weekends.
Consultations are strictly confidential.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.